Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, May 15, 2006

Enough Already!!

You know I've come to a conclusion that things I don't want to see on my favorite television shows are going to be seen. Maybe, maybe it's my own prejudice or somethings I find really repulsive or like snakes, I can't watch and with choices, I won't watch. Which brings me to this, The Sopranos is on it's last season and it's going out like a wiseguy turning evidence on his friends. It looks like the series is a big rat. And I for one am not impressed, but like a bad painting that gets my attention...I can't turn away. I keep looking and hoping that something comes out of this series that will make me miss it when it signs off in a couple of weeks. I haven't seen it nor are my hopes of seeing it are in the near future. Oh! there have been times when I just wanted to turn to something different, look at syndicated showings of "Law and Order." But it's "The Sopranos." This show was sweeping the nation and earning notoriety as whats good on television. As of the past four shows, it's been a dud. A real resounding dud.

Now the title of this post is "Enough Already" and here's what I mean by it.

When Brokeback Mtn., came out, I already knew I was not going to see the movie. One, I don't care to see a love story with two men as the lovers. Two, it's a chick flick. Guys like me don't dig chick flicks, and if you were to ask me what cable channel is the lifetime channel, I would probably tell you I don't have the lifetime channel or any other chick channel on cable. I stopped watching Oprah, exactly one day, she left Forsythe County. I can't name one person, check that, that's not exactly true, I can't name all of the women on the view, except now I know there are, two supposed to be comediannes on the show. Figuring which one is straight is like trying to figure out which one was Siskel and who was Ebert. But as I digress, The Sopranos introduced to us a gay mafioso member, named Vito. We didn't know he was gay, until Meadow Soprano's boyfriend happened to catch Vito playing the flute, if you will, on a security guard. Okay, okay the shock value was that, shocking. Vito a big overweight italian made member was sure to be found out and soon be joining Big Pooh-Cee in the Atlantic. I knew it would happen, I just don't know why it's taking so long to whack Vito. As a matter of fact, Vito was discovered and fled to Vermont, where he meets a gay firefighter. And this is where, my enough already comes to play, my prejudice and whatever adjective you want to add. I get the fact that Vito is gay. I can even get the implication that the fireman is gay. And believe it or not, I can get the implication that the two had sex, without seeing the actual beginnings. What I don't need to see is the beginnings of a gay relationship, where one of them takes the role of the woman and the other the man. Nahhh, dats cool, I'll pass.

So now "The Sopranos" have turned into HBO's version of Brokeback Mtn., starring Vito and his fireman lover. None of the questions of what happened when the show was last on has been asnwered. We get bits and pieces of what happened to Johnny Sacks. We know that Uncle June is senile and his playing the role of being a senile was not a ploy on his part.

It seems the writers of this show is going to force feed us, who refused to put down $10.00 or so on Brokeback Mtn., their version of the show. The bad thing is that we're paying the premium cable or satelite prices to see gay acts on a show we like. And the bad thing about it is that like that bad painting, no matter how hard we try to look away.

We can't......