Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Crackin' My Own

From time to time, you will read my dis-satisfaction with the President. And, today is one of those days. Well not only today, but for the week now. Every since the report came out that this country is going to allow the sell of American Ports to the United Arab Emirates or UAE. Now don't get me wrong, you have heard me say, I believe in our capitalistic society, which means I support free trade. I don't have a problem with seeing Chinese goods or Japanese goods come into our country or vice versa. As of now, China is still sleeping and Japan, well, we punk'd them in the great war. But nevertheless, we have enjoyed the products we receive from those countries and others. Now having said that, I do have a problem with an Arab country that had or has ties to terrorists. I acknowledge that a couple of terrorists that attacked our beloved country was from the UAE. I get that and I understand the point some line following republicans are saying. I've heard them say, since we are basically still at a stand still with China in regard to Korean War and China has taken Russia's place as a legitimate super power threat. Why is it that we can do business with them and not the UAE. Or, we have White European countries owning or running a few of our ports and we had no problem with it. So, why in the name of fairness and justice or we having a hissy fit over this particular country. And the answer is easy...The country can be compromised and like Saudi Arabia, UAE has not recognized Israel as a country. Folks, by now you all should know Israel is a buddy, like Great Britain. We are going to support Israel period point blank. So with the notion that no Arab or Jew is ever going to get along and the fact that one time an Egyptian and a Jew tried to get along...the Egyption ended up dead. Obviously Sadat forgot to specifically ask for "popcorn" and not popping sounds, in which the projectiles aimed at him definitely filled him up.

As said before, I get the arguement of being fair and not being hypocrites. And I get the reasoning that if we deny this country ports, then why should we continue allowing other countries to operate ports. I agree. I don't like the fact that foreign countries are running our ports and I damn sure don't like the fact that an arab country wants to operate our ports. I'm sorry, but the MSM won't say it and the police are prohibited from practicing it. But I'm racial profiling and the last I checked, the people most likely to hijack a plane, carry bombs for suicide and flew two planes into the WTC on September 11. Were arabs.

This administration can't hammer to the nation that we are at war against terrorism, rally us to support its Patriot Act and remind us of 9/11, when its setting the table for terrorists to feast on our soil again with bad intentions. And the democrats...never mind.