Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, February 16, 2006

My E-Mail To Larry Elder...and HE REPLIED!!!!

I don't care what anyone says, this is an autograph!!!

Hey Sage:

Like the show. Have been listening to you fully for two
years now. Sage, let me tell you that I started listening to you
because of that group, "beating drum" or "sounding drum" or whatever
they called themselves. I had to find out who they were talking about
and see for myself. At first, when I listened, I got it in bits.
There were things I said to myself, "Cmon! man, Is there anything you
can find positive about our people." But you kept nailing your points,
stuck to your position and you did not back down. Larry, I like to
think that I am not a victicrat. Mistakes, your doggone right I made
them. And I don't recall a white dude being the reason why I did or
did not do things. When I improved my situation in my career. It
paid off. I realize that the world is changing and becoming more
challenging. You have to continue to improve or be left behind. I
pound education to my children. I take away the boob tube and make
them read the newspapers on the internet. (L.A. Times with exception
of the sports page is banned). Anyway Sage, just wanted to drop a few
lines to say I appreciate you and your show. Keep your head up. And
by the way, I have been called an Uncle Tom and Sell Out for voting
for Dubya, not once, but twice! (Gore and Kerry just bored the hell
out of me). The first time I was called a "sell out" was three years
ago. Apparently, jealousy got the best of this probable minimum wage
worker, seeing a black man work in a Irvine law office, was more than
he can bear. He called me a sellout for being a paralegal and doing
the best I can for my family. Unfortunately, it was a bad day for
him..You see, you (sage) have to maintain some type of decorum and
take it. Me, on the other hand, if your black and you call me out of
my name..to steal a quote from Bernie Mac: "Oh Lord!"

I will do the same thing, said black person does when a white person
calls them out of their name by using the n-word. Yeah, I know its
wrong for me to hit back with words and not back down physically, but
I can't remember the name of the movie in which Denzel Washington and
Meg Ryan starred and one of the characters threatned him:

"Sargeant, I didn't know any better, I think you just threatned
me...Now don't be mistaken, by me being an officer, by right I have to
be a gentleman..but don't think I won't get knee deep in your ass"

Its only right..and it shows that I won't discriminate...anyway sage,
the initial purpose of the e-mail was to see if you had any
information to the net worth of our so called black leaders (elected
or self elected). I find it strange that these individuals are
hollerin' and screamin' about black poverty and tax cuts to the rich,
but yet some of them are enjoying those cuts.

Stay Strong and Continue Not Backing Down
JC Lewis, Jr, Tustin, CA
US Army Vet. (Desert Storm I Vet)

AND HE REPLIED!!!!

J.C.
Thank you so much for your letter and for your service to our country.
You give me hope and motivation when I learn that, maybe, just maybe my
show might make a bit of a difference.
God bless you,