Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

If You Know Him...You Can Talk About Him

I caught some of Mrs. Coretta Scott King's funeral today. In short, Mrs. King is Black America's first lady...and Black America's only first lady. Sure, we have, you know what I'm not going to go there. Anyway as stated before I caught some of the Mrs. King's funeral and read some of the comments made about this extraordinary woman. Of course some of the statements, were for continued politics. It's amazing how some, still in this hour would continue to play politics with something that is bigger than them. I don't know about you all, but it seems like some politicians and self elected leaders never take the day off. In Jimmy Carter's case, someone needs to remind him that he was elected because of the downfall of Richard Nixon. Other than that, I wish he would continue to be the embarrassment he was and is to this country. But lo' and behold there was some preachin' going on inside the church. And if you know the Lord, you know that he was present in the church. All I can say is again, if you know him, you can talk about him...If you know he is the reason why you got up in the morning, If you know he is the reason of why the sun came up and you were able to walk around and see the beauty of his creation..If you know him you can say, good morning to him in a prayer and give him all the praises due him..If you know him, you can pray and preach his name in the presence of your enemies and turn the other cheek. Oh the Lord was in the house, because his name was called and he had to see the multitudes. Sure, Mrs. King wasn't there, because she was called home to finally be with her husband. If you know him, you can talk about him....

You know the one thing, that makes me quiver, shake and get teary eyed is seeing someone love the lord...You know the Lord plays an integral part of that person's life. Maybe its jealousy and envy on my part, but I'm unable to shout and jump like most folks...but I know the Lord...I know the Lord because of all I've been through..the road I traveled, the hurt I experienced..Sure everyone has troubles, but the Lord gave me strength to carry on. I know him..I know him.

Mrs. King received a good send off and homecoming...and in closing, the President showed he knows the Lord in his contribution to the service...realizing he was in the house of the Lord, President Bush continued what Bishop Eddie Long started...he preached.

President received Standing O: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/02/20060207.html