Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

Props - Air Parker

Hey look, I'm not the biggest WNBA or Women's College basketball fan, but when something happens big, I must acknowledge it. On Saturday, Candance Parker dunked not once but twice in a game. Legitimate dunks where there was a defender in the area. One dunk was from the baseline, after she got past her defender and the next one was on a break away, with a defender there. Props to Air Parker, but I still have my reservations on the women's basketball. I'm going to need more than 4 women on record to have a dunked in a game or in warm ups. I'm going to need a lot more females throwing down. As a matter of fact, I'm going to need more jaw dropping dunks, than layups. I'm talking about someone getting dunked on, like Dr. J did Michael Cooper or like Kevin Johnson did Akeem Olajawon or Pippen did Ewing. I don't want spectacular like MJ's or when Vin-Charmity jumped over some frenchy and jammed.

I need all that before I waste forty minutes of my time, and if I get more dunks like in more than one game, I might watch. Besides since Venus and Serena don't participate in tennis that much, I have an opening.