Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Obama takes on panhandlers

In his recent stint down in Flo-da. The selected one aka the media messiah got hit up by a couple of panhandlers looking for free stuff as if the annointed one was santa claus or the candy man..

check this out:

WOMAN: I respect you and I'm so grateful for you.

OBAMA: Thank you.

[Black] WOMAN: Been praying for you. But --

OBAMA: I believe in prayer, so I appreciate that.

[Same black woman]
WOMAN: I have an urgent need, unemployment and homelessness, a very small vehicle for my family and place to live in, we it need urgent, and housing authority have two years waiting on this thing and we need something more than a vehicle and parks to go to. We need our own kitchen and our own bathroom. Please help.

OBAMA: Well, I -- listen, I -- what's your name? What's your name?

[black woman about to give her name] WOMAN: It's Henrietta Hughes.

OBAMA: Okay, Ms. Hughes, we're going to do everything we can to help you, but there are a lot of people like you. We're going to do everything we can, all right? But the, uh, I'll have my staff talk to you after this, uh, after the -- the town hall, all right?

Wow! why don't you just ask for 40 acres and a mule, oh wait! you won't work the land anyway! never mind.

Here's one cat who want his unemployment to be the same as his last salary.

[Black] MAN: Usually what happens is when you apply for governmental assistance, they say, well, you make too much money. How -- if you go from making $3,000 a year, a month, to $1,100 a month, how are you able to take care of your families, why can't we have that be automatic, that goes along with your unemployment tenure that you can get government assistance, that's an automatic for you.

OBAMA: Well, look, unemployment insurance is not ideal. People want a job. They don't want unemployment insurance. But when the jobs aren't out here, it's tough. But I want to be honest with you. We are bumping up unemployment insurance. As I said, tens of thousands of people will be getting an extra hundred dollars a month, which doesn't sound like a lot, but that means an extra bill that you can pay. I'll be honest with you, though, we're not going to be able to take it from $1,100 up to $3,000. So our priority has to be on job creation.