Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

You Asked...(repfanz)

Liberal White House Reporter Helen Thomas, who has been around since George Washington's first inaugeration, finally was called on by what would be her 43rd president, Mr. Bush. It seems that every since our boys were lined up on the Southern Iraqi border, giving Saddam (madd-as) fourteen months to move his stockpile or piles of WMDs. Thomas has been on a path to ask the president why in the hell did he lie and did he plan on going to war when he stepped into what was the dirtiest, unkept house on Pennsylvania Avenue in 2000.

If there is one thing, about this president, advising him must be easy, because to me he comes off as someone, who will not back down from anyone at anytime. More reasons to believe that if he and John Kerry got into a fight, ooooh baby watch out now! Down goes Kerry! down goes Kerry! President Bush is no wimp, and neither is Cheney, I believe if Cheney didn't have a bad heart, he would be missing not one, but both feet in Kennedy's backside. Instead, he's left with telling any liberal democrat to "eff off" or for Bill Clinton's sake "eff - himself." I think you have to be strong willed and have a mean streak, but yet, be cooler than the other side of the pillow when it comes to dealing with ignorant media and hollywood types...You just have too...

Anyway Helen Thomas got to finally ask her Cindy Sheehan questions to the President about War for Oil and sending our young men and women off to die. Maybe she should have said it instead of asking a question. Heres the question and answer:

Thomas : I'd like to ask you, Mr. President -- your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime.
Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is: Why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, your Cabinet officers, former Cabinet officers, intelligence people and so forth -- but what's your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil, the quest for oil. It hasn't been Israel or anything else. What was it?

President Bush: I think your premise, in all due respect to your question and to you as a lifelong journalist -- that I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong, Helen, in all due respect.

Question: And...

President Bush: Hold on for a second, please. Excuse me. Excuse me.
No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true.
My attitude about the defense of this country changed in September the 11th. When we got attacked, I vowed then and there to use every asset at my disposal to protect the American people.
Our foreign policy changed on that day. You know, we used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy. But we realized on September the 11th, 2001, that killers could destroy innocent life.
And I'm never going to forget it. And I'm never going to forget the vow I made to the American people, that we will do everything in our power to protect our people.
Part of that meant to make sure that we didn't allow people to provide safe haven to an enemy, and that's why I went into Iraq.
(Crosstalk)
President Bush: Hold on for a second. Excuse me for a second, please. Excuse me for a second. They did. The Taliban provided safe haven for Al Qaida.
That's where Al Qaida trained and that's where...
Question: (Off-mike)
President Bush: Helen, excuse me.
That's where -- Afghanistan provided safe haven for Al Qaida. That's where they trained, that's where they plotted, that's where they planned the attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans.
I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically. That's why I went to the Security Council. That's why it was important to pass 1441, which was unanimously passed.
And the world said, "Disarm, disclose or face serious consequences." And therefore, we worked with the world. We worked to make sure that Saddam Hussein heard the message of the world.
And when he chose to deny the inspectors, when he chose not to disclose, then I had the difficult decision to make to remove him. And we did. And the world is safer for it - End.


Now if I were president, I would have been a little bit more stern than he was, I would have insulted that old woman, since it was her intent to insult me and call me a liar and war-mongerer. This is what I would have said:

Thomas: I'd like to ask you, Mr. President -- your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is: Why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, your Cabinet officers, former Cabinet officers, intelligence people and so forth -- but what's your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil, the quest for oil. It hasn't been Israel or anything else. What was it?

Me: What? You mean I gotta explain this again. What part didn't you understand, Helen? I mean what did you ask President Lincoln, when the Civil War started? Mr. President, your decision to take this country into war caused the lives of thousands of Americans on both sides. Every reason you given at least turned out to be not true. The war wasn't really about slavery and keeping the Union together. You wanted to be king. I mean damn Helen. I don't know what else to tell you. I laid out our reasons, and in case you've forgotten, go to Manhattan and see if you can find the World Trade Center. Is it me, or did I not see two planes go into those buildings. What about the Pentagon, are they not rebuillding part of it? and the Americans who lost their lives in Pennsylvania? You got some nerve - Hold up, old lady! excuse me! excuse me! witch! shut the hell up!! I said excuse me...I take exception with people like you and that Gregory fella, who called my press secretary an idiot. I told the American people why we went into Iraq, my only mistake was that I didn't attack earlier. Instead I gave that raving lunatic time to remove his weapons..and let me tell you this, Helen, being that I'm a veteran, I would have climbed on M1-Abrams and led my boys, the 1st Calvary Division right to Saddam's house and knocked on the damn door. Yeah! that's how much juice I got..What your excuse, Helen? you missed eight wars. Yeah, you think your boy Clinton, would have done that? So for the last time, and don't make me repeat it we went to war because September 11th changed everything, Helen. We thought we were chillin like a villain surrounded by two oceans and relatively weak opposition to our North and South. President Reagan made sure before he left office, that we played "big bank take little bank" against Russia and we punked them and ended the Cold War. China needs us more than we need them, all we have to do is stop importing their transistor radios into this jink and they are done. And oh, by the way, we punked the country of Iraq twice...yeah, we may have not accounted for the thugs in the area, and we'll catch them and treat them to a nice cool vacation in Cuba. We punked the Taliban, and...wheres the camera, (looking into the camera) Ay Osama! I haven't forgotten about you, Capt. Caveman...we gonna deal yo! and when I catch you, it won't be no ice cream and cake..i'm gonna shatter your pipe dreams..clown!

Look, we gave Hussein every opportunity to comply, he chose not to, we went along with the resolutions for him to disarm, and he spit on the resolution...what the hell did he expect was going to happen, Our country was pissed and treaded on by terrorist. He thought we were to goint to tickle his country and warehouses with missiles from our jets and leave. No, he was like my opponent in the 2004 elections...Unfit to command. And thats why his azz is looking like Grizzly Adams on crack in an Iraqi cell...

I'm out this mutha@#!er oh yeah.. God Bless America