Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, August 28, 2006

Any Questions (Repfanz)

Over the weekend, both FOX News reporters were released from captivity after converting to Islam at gun point. I will re-write the whole thing again. Over the weekend, both FOX News reporters were released from captivity after converting to Islam at gun point.

Folks this proves our point about the enemy we are fighting. It proves that these Islamic fascists are WILLING AND READY TO DIE!! for their beliefs and their religion. And now we have two examples of what we are not willing to do. One, is to die for our religious beliefs and two, dying for our country. These two reporters showed "cowardice during common sense." Trust me no reasonable person would have NOT done the same thing, but aren't we having a Peter moment here.

Peter denied knowing Jesus not once, but three times! and this was after Jesus told him he was going to do it. Peter like these two men was facing death and when time came for them to look up high, cowardice during common sense showed up. Again who among us would not have done it?

The thought of possibly having your head literally cut off, your body hanged, quartered or shot in the back of the head is not the way we want to go out. Take these terrorists for instance, I don't think they would convert to christianity under gun point.

Dont' get me wrong, I am not questioning these FOX reporters faith or belief system and I am not questioning as to why these men converted to Islam.

It just seems to me that instead of dying for whatever religious belief or faith they may have had. They in essence denied to proclaim that their religious belief is the truth and their captives is a lie.

Source: www.michellemalkin.com

Story: The two journalists were dropped off at Gaza City's Beach Hotel by Palestinian security officials. A tearful Centanni embraced a Palestinian journalist briefly as he entered, then rushed upstairs as Wiig followed.
Centanni, in a phone interview shortly after his release, said "I'm fine. I'm just so happy to be free."
He said he was so emotional because he was out and alive.
"There were times when I thought 'I'm dead,' and I'm not," Centanni said. "I'm fine. I'm so very happy."
He recounted how he and Wiig were pulled out of their car on August 14 and taken at gunpoint into another car. The kidnappers blindfolded them and handcuffed their hands behind their backs with plastic ties. They were then transferred to another car and driven to a building that they later learned was a garage.
"We were pushed down onto the dirt-covered concrete floor and we were forced to life face down with our handcuffs on," Centanni said.
"Olaf was in the same room with me. Our shoulders were wrenched back, very painful."
Both of the men were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint, Centanni said.
"We were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint," Centanni told FOX News. "Don't get me wrong here. I have the highest respect for Islam, and I learned a lot of good things about it, but it was something we felt we had to do because they had the guns, and we didn't know what the hell was going on."