Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

RF23 - I Agree With Rangel, Just A Little...

RF23 - I Agree With Rangel, Just A Little.....
J. Lewis


It's been now two weeks that I agreed with Al Sharpton in regard to the socio-economics of folks being able to afford to go to the Super Bowl, let alone be able to watch a regular season game. Sharpton pointed out that the NFL has grown into this money grabbing organization that now most of its game are on cable networks, just like the NBA. With rising cable costs and the growing necessity to get a good signal on televisions these days. Cable networks pretty much have the average Joe by the sack and mix that with yearly cable rates. Cable and satelite is pretty much out of reach of some Americans.

I agreed with Sharpton.


Now prepare yourself to be floored once again. Congressman Charles Rangel has been hootin' and hollerin' about re-starting the draft. At first, I dismissed his arguement, due to the fact that Rangel was going around saying, it's the soooo poor and sooooo black young men and women dying for this country. And of course, when hit with the statistics of who is serving in our military. Rangel dismissed it saying, that the individuals who support the war ought to have their young-in's wearing camuflage and totin' a ruck sack. Rangels feels that those who avoid fighting over seas, and alluding to the President not participating in Vietnam, while he was in the Texas National Guard, would think carefully about sending someone else's child to a hot zone.

I disagree with Rangel.

I warned you to prepare yourself to be floored, right? Now Rangel, is proposing that all young people between should serve at least two years in the military or other service. I agree. I feel that all young people should serve their country, gain a skill in those two years, gain at least an Associates Degree while in the service. I also the agree that the maximum age limit for recruits should be raised to 42. Folks I fall within that age category and since I am a veteran, under Rangel's proposal, I should be up for recall.

I have no problem with that. I definitely believe in letting my enemy die for his country or cause. My cause is to get home.

So there you have it, In two weeks time, I have agreed with Al Sharpton and now Rep. Charles Rangel....

Who says I have no depth...

Supporting Articles:


1. Agree with Rangel

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/nation/16563834.htm


2. Problems in Rangel's reasons

http://www.heritage.org/Research/HomelandDefense/wm1263.cfm


3. Who are the recruits

http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalSecurity/cda06-09.cfm