Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, April 09, 2007

RF23 - Gotta Go Sometimes....No Really

Gotta Go Sometimes.....No Really.

With Easter being yesterday, I kinda struggled with the decision to attend services and hear the preacher preach off his annual easter sunday sermon. Now I'm not quipping on preachers, the blog entry ain't about that. It's about you, me, hell the individual. Now like I said, I kinda of struggled with the decison to get up and go to church, but there was a slight problem. My big backside hadn't step foot in church since the week before last football season. And football season ain't excuse for failing to get up and go to church.

But come on, we gotta go sometimes.

So while deciding if I should go or not, and you can bet that "not going" was winning the debate. As a matter of fact, it won hands down...But hey..

We gotta go sometimes.


So this week's reason is because like I stated earlier, a church hasn't seen me since the week before football season, and in all that time, my wife had joined the church, friends of mine have gone back repeatedly, but me? I might have to stand up or raise my hand as a visitor if and when I go back. But hey...

Gotta go sometimes.

Now let me get back to Easter Sunday, I'm trying to 'xpress myself here. Now the reason why I chose not to go, is because, like I said the church hadn't seen me since, the week before, I know I said it! but I have too!, the week before the NFL season. And contrary to popular opinion, I'm not looking forward to going to hell in gas soaked drawers. Who is?, except a mother plucker, who is straight up evil...I know some of my friends and family don't think I'm that evil.

Do they? but hey!

Gotta go sometimes.

Now look I'm trying to get to my point here, and I keep going off point here...The reason why I didn't go to church on Sunday is because, like I said, you know the football season thing, and that's a sorry excuse for failing to fellowship and hear the word from someone who has studied it longer than I. Okay, that was wrong, and I said I wasn't going to quip on the preachers. Of course the preacher has studied the word longer than I, but in reality, should a preacher know more than you or I. And what makes him or her more special than me. I know God loves us all equally. And I didn't need a preacher to tell me that, shoot, before we even steppped foot or was allowed to sit in the big people church. Our Sunday school teacher, had a song in which every young'un knows besides "twinkle twinkle little star" and that's "jesus loves me." But hey.

We gotta go sometimes.

So again the reason why I didn't go to easter services is because, ya'll remember that football season thing and me not being there since the week before opening kick off and all. You know I loves the lord, I pray in the morning when I wake up, I pray to give thanks for use of hands, arms, legs and for getting me to a job to make some money. I realize that some folk don't have that. You see I can't complain about the things I don't have...All I can do pray and give thanks for the things I do have. but you know eventually

We gotta go sometimes.


So this weekend was easter, and I decided not to attend services this weekend because, my big backside was last seen on a carton of religious milk. And I think it's disservice and disrespectful to God and the folks who get up and go to church regardless how tired, how early and in some case how hung over. but you know what?

Gotta go sometimes.