Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Need To Express Myself!

I NEED TO EXPRESS MYSELF

You know lately, I've been holding out on my observations in regard to the world of sports, social issues involving blacks and hidden racism, prejudices or what have you. I'm tired. Lately I've been shutting out one of my favorite sports talk shows for a different perspective. A different shade of takes that in my opinion...doesn't suck. It's been hard and damn upsetting reading and seeing the faces of America's most hated. A few years ago, it was OJ and while I truly do understand the disdain and outright disqust for the man. It was him that started America's hatred and ventriole against athletes. It seems like if an athlete does something unpopular, it's open season for white America to expose their own prejudices or perfect their hidden ones. And that's why I have shut out The Jim Rome Show. Oh, I have no problem with the host and his takes on sports. I like his opinion and I respect his point of view. But that's it. I take Rome and other sports talk host with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, it seems like his listeners can't. Rome receives thousands upon thousands of e-mails, calls that leave the lucky clone on the phone for sometimes the duration of the show. And most of them are filled with disdain and hatred for someone like Barry Bonds for instance. Every since Bonds, broke the single season home run record and got close to Babe Ruth's all time record. He has been the face of "steroids" based off pure allegation that he's done more than the cream. Bonds is black. Jason Giambi on the other hand, has admitted to doing steroids, and he's just a mention. Giambi is white. Everyday Rome and his callers remark on the size of Barry's head, suggest that Bonds has done more than Giambi and other players. And it's with an excuse that Bonds is an ass hole because he doesn't "fetch and step" in front of the cameras and microphones. Barry doesn't give interviews, at least good ones, and he's not going to be smiling from ear to ear giving cotton candy interviews or he's not breaking down crying cause he just realized that he grew up in a middle class family, God son of one of baseballs favorites and greatest, Willie Mays and oh yeah! He's a rich mutha with game! No Barry is what he is. And he's penalized for keeping it real.....to himself. You can't fault him for that and you can't fault him for being a helluva of baseball player. But White America can't accept that, they're like women yearning to be one with the person they love. They need to feel Barry. They need to be in Barry's soul and when they don't get it...You get what you hear or see on all sports talk venues. Scorned and resentful people.

Now with the sports world on it's heels coming off a month of tragedies and blockbuster stories. The sports world is going to witness they're favorite villain break the record of Hank Aaron. And now newly ranked at the top, Michael Vick plea guilty or not guilty for allegedly holding illegal dog fights and cruelty to animals. When that story hit early this year, Vick had received the world's benefit of the doubt up until the feds sacked Vick with an indictment. An indictment saying that we the federal government of the United States believe that you, Michael Vick knowingly held illegal dog fights and cruelty to animals in your Virginia home. Without a piece of evidence to show the public, let alone a jury of Vick's peers. The public broke out the lamps and someone yelled, "Get a rope!"

All on Rome's show, caller after caller expressed their hatred for the alleged crime and proclaimed Michael Vick guilty. No trial, No hearing and damn sure no evidence. But they're not alone, cause just like you have hidden racists..you have race card players. They're the ones, that despite what the evidence showed after it's been presented or shown all over the world on "you - tube," still believe that the accused, who is black, is innocent and it's the white man trying to bring the black-man down. The white man trying to put the black man in his place, by telling him, I got you all this money, I can take it away. And we can still use and start with OJ Simpson. The nation was split between black and white with racial overtones coming from Black America. Need more? How about R-Kelly? The man is on tape with a underage girl! and despite seeing the video, some folks in Black America are in deep denial! "that wasn't him," some say...Hell Kelly hasn't said it wasn't him!!! Michael Jackson? the country torn apart in thirds, black/white fans, blacks and whites this time. What does Jackson and his family do? play the race card. The white man is trying to bring this rich ass white - black man down. When in fact, this wasn't the first allegation of Jackson's behavior with little boys. All of that was dismissed. Tookie Williams, one of the founders of the Crips Gang, on death row for killing four people. He writes a couple of books, gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, claims he's been redeemed for all his wrongs and yet when it's time to finally answer to his crime or fulfil his redemption. He wants the world to overlook the fact that he killed four people. What did some of black america do? they played the race card and said that the white man is killing yet again, an innocent man. No, wait an "innocent black man" who is a role model for all kids. It's been over two years since Tookie's death and today we can still see the fruits of his illegal labor. Black on black murders, drugs and all now wrongfully tied to "hip hop."

I hope I'm expressing myself...It's tiresome and confusing. I don't know where to lean. I have my political beliefs, I have my morale beliefs and I have my social takes on today's world. But even I have my own limitations. If I'm near a computer, instead of listening to Rome for a full 3 hours, I listen to Stephen A. Smith and after that the 2 Live Stews. I got to have balance, this I know, but right now I'm tired of hearing scorned white folk media lynch black athletes without some much of a fair trial. And at the same time, I'm tired of race card playin', always blaming the white man for their ills black folk.