Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rush Limbaugh Responds to Powell

Response from Rush Limbaugh 12/15:
Link: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_121508/content/01125106.guest.html

Let me get this straight. The guy who has supported the Republican candidate for president should be thrown out of the party. That would be me. But the guy who bolted and sabotaged the Republican nominee by endorsing the Democrat candidate should stay in and be part of the team that determines what the Republican Party is going to be. The turncoat, General Powell, is the one who the party is gonna listen to? McCain's a moderate. I supported McCain. Powell, who wants a moderate, did not support McCain. It's unreal. It's just incredible. Look, I'm trying to be a little humble here, but it's hard when you got all this other stuff going on and Republicans out there now continue to trash me. It's flattering; it is amazing. At the same time, it's mind-boggling how I get under their skin. What I'm learning now, folks, it really doesn't matter about party. It's not getting under Republicans' skin now. It's getting under the skin of Washingtonians. It's getting under the skin of the Big Government people. These are liberals. There's no such thing as a moderate Republican. A moderate Republican is a liberal. General Powell, says, "I'm a fiscal conservative; I don't like the social stuff." What's wrong with the social side? It's abortion. But it's more than that, it's Washingtonianism.