Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ain't This A Blip?

On my way to work this morning on the Metrolink Train from Tustin to Los Angeles. I as usual put on my headphones and turned on my little radio to catch either the Steve Harvey Show or THE HARDEST WORKING MAN IN RADIO!! The Tom Joyner Morning Show. Well as my radio dial would have it, it was on Joyner's show and they were talking about someone dying. I came in, in the middle of the discussion, so I was in the dark for a few seconds, before I figured out who they were talking and joking about.

"This is some Jack Bauer ("24") stuff right here" said comedian J. Anthony Brown. "I think they should kick him, kick him in that spot to make sure he's dead." "I mean he's sentenced to prison and now all of sudden he's dead!"

Those were the comments along with trying to figure out how someone found guilty of securities fraud could be out and around and not in the prison. I'm assuming they are talking about the average citizen, most likely a black person, who, if found guilty of any crime would still be in a local county jail somewhere.

(I won't commit on the fact that Ron Isley, black, is out and about after being found guilty of tax evasion and don't get me started on R-Kelly)

By now you could have figured that the person who died over the weekend, was Ken Lay. Lay was found guilty in May 2006 and scheduled to be sentenced in October. He was looking at thirty years behind bars and having to pay $183 million dollars restitution.

Well, looks like Lay won't be present in October, well not in the physical sense and he won't be paying $183 million. Lay got over once again, at 62 and looking at living the rest of his life in prison. I'm pretty sure he would rather die than die in prison. And based on christian beliefs, and the norm of most inmates, who commit way more heinous crimes, and all of sudden find religion. Lay probably got his spiritual life together and asked for forgiveness of his sins on this earth, therefore skyrocketing him pass St. Peter at the gate and in Heaven.

Ain't that a blip! He along with Jeff Skiiing took away peoples savings and their jobs, which by the way, I still stand by my opinion that those people should not be made whole because they lost money. But Skiing and Lay took those peoples money, took advantage of California's stupidity to not regulate energy and now has to live under the threat of rolling blackouts everytime the temperature reaches 88 degrees.

Lay has got to be smiling...he already kicked over laughing.