Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oil Companies Price Gouging:

Oil Companies Price Gouging:

Well since everyone is BMW'ing about the high gas prices, I felt it necessary to post a few articles from the left side of main stream media, since if it were from a less cared for media program it wouldn't be believed. But before I do, on Saturday, I went to get my fade and line up and the barber who was cutting my hair commented on the high gas prices. And as usual, the rhetoric about the president "gettin' rich by robbin' folks." Now usually when a barber is cutting my hair, I usually hold comment until he's done, can't take the chance of a fade being, well, off! But I couldn't take it and chimed in...
Me: Bush is gettin' rich, how?
Him: Man, he and his texas buddies are makin' a killin' off the poor man, we can't afford these prices.
Me: Ay, I feel you in regard to the high gas prices, but my man, there are other factors into the high gas prices and Bush and his oil rich buddies ain't one of them..
Him: You crazy, man, Bush is the reason why gas is high..
Me: I'm sorry, but he's not. Look man, the reason why gas is so high is because demand is high here in this country and by the way, we're not the only ones who are using a high amount of oil...China is now equal too or greater users of oil.
Him: C'mon! mayne! we're buying oil from the same motha(expletive) we're over there trying to kill..
Me: Well I would agree that we are buying from foreign countries, but as for trying to kill people just to get their oil, that sort of reach...
Him: then why we in Iraq, for the mother(expletive) oil! J!
Me: Look, man, I don't have enough time in the day to try to explain why we're in Iraq and even if I did, you probably would still reject it..even so, do you know how much gas is, in Europe?
Him: I know it's high
Me: yeah, over $5.00 in some parts of Europe and before you say, we're coming up on it, if we pay $5.00, they'll still be paying more.
Him: So Bush ain't getting his cut, that bull(expletive)
Me: And you wanted to talk about Iraq...Look man, you complain all you want, but the bottom line is that you still paid for it...and guess what, you'll pay for it if it were $5.00..pissed off...you betcha.

Article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10082724/page/2/

Breaking Down the High Cost of Gasoline: What about the State and Federal Gov't aren't they benefiting?
Article : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18753432/