Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hyphen Are Un-American

Gerveryl Robinson (Opinion) Savannah Times
Hyphens are Un-American

Article: I hate hyphens.
As an English instructor, some may be appalled that I despise anything related to the English language or any type of punctuation mark, but it's true.
Hyphens should never be used because quite simply, hyphens are evil.
Before the noble "black leaders" of the land took it upon themselves to begin using the phrase African-American, I was perfectly happy living in my little black world. As a matter of fact, I loved being a black woman and only found out that my name had been changed when I saw Jesse Jackson talking to Katie Couric on the Today show.
Needless to say, I was shocked and angered

To Read More: Paste or Click on Link: http://new.savannahnow.com/node/301595