Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, December 03, 2007

Why Are You Here?

Why Are You Here?


I'm going to walk a tight rope on this thread cause I want to relay the right words, so if I offend anyone or step on somebody's toes. I'z sowree.
Today was the funeral for slain Washington Redskin, Sean Taylor and although it looked like a good send off for the 24 year old football player. There was one thing, well two things that stood out and quite frankly, I have no problem with one of the two stand outs.


Although, I have been a harsh critic of Jesse Jackson, mainly because he's fighting a "new jack" black community problem with 1950's and 60's protest material and other things that make him ineffective. But today, in Miami he was there and I although he is a camera hog, I have no problem with his appearance. I have no problem with his short message, that the violence must stop, in which he's right. I just hope he doesn't set up camp in front of another gun store, like the criminals bought it [guns] legally. I'm predicting a high probability that it wasn't.


So Jesse attends the funeral of Washington Redskin, Sean Taylor and gives the message that the violence must stop. Has anyone noticed that I wrote, Washington Redskin before the name of the victim, which is Sean Taylor. And I must note that this post is shared, so if I just wrote "Sean Taylor", it'll be just another name and if there was photo of Taylor without his football uniform on, and a picture of a black man. Then the level of interest would go down among white readers. Again this post is shared so unlike some of my threads, it's exclusive for everyone to discuss. I think one of things that Jackson should have added on is that although this tragedy wasn't about "hip hop" or the past lifestyle of Taylor. It serves as a reminder that again, too many black men or boys are dying at the hands of other black men or boys and this vicious cycle has got to end. Let alone that many children of these perpuatrators and victims leave behind children. But I'm satisfied with Jackson's statement, at least he said it.


Now the other person, who was there, should not have been. And that person is OJ Simpson, yes, the same OJ that killed his ex-wife, the mother of his children, Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ronald Goldman, Allegedly! The same OJ that is in trouble in Las Vegas for trying to jack sports collector's items. The same OJ that wrote a book titled, "If I Did It."


Why?


Last checked, Simpson didn't attend the U [Miami University], he went to USC. He didn't play for the Redskins, he played for the Bills and then the 49ers and exactly what message did he have for young black males? I took out two people and got away with it, I stole cable, so can you, if you want your stuff go get it by any means necessary, what?! In my opinion, he should have been turned away at the door, he is nothing like the young man that is in the box. That man, died trying to protect his family from intruders. OJ harmed his by allegedly killing his ex-wife.